1 big size Tomato
Garlic – 8 cloves
Red chilies – 3-4, tear, de-seed and soak in 1/2 cup warm water for 20 mins
Soy sauce – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Vinegar – 1 tbsp (optional) (you may also use lemon juice)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsps
Salt to taste
1. Boil 1 1/2 cups of water and add tomato in the hot water and cook for 6 to 7 mins on high heat. Now drain the red chilies from the water and add it to the boiling water.
2. Cook on high for 3 mins. Turn off the heat and drain water and cool the tomato and red chilies.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the garlic cloves and saute for a min.
4. Turn off heat and set aside. when tomato and red chilies reach room temperature, peel the tomato skin.
5. Blend the peeled tomato along with red chilis, roasted garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt to a smooth paste.
6.Add 1/3 cup water for a smooth flowing consistency.
Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan, add the ground paste and cook on medium heat for 4 mins stirring constantly so that it does not burn.
7. your momos chutney is ready.