1/2 cup instant oats.
1/4 cup semolina (rava)
1/2 cup rice flour/chawal atta (You may also use whole wheat flour/rehular roti atta or all purpose flour/maida)
1.5 cups water (pani)
1 large onion chopped (pyaj)
2 large green chilli or to taste (hara mirch)
2 Tbsp grated coconut (kisa hua nariyal)
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp yogurt
1 Tbsp coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
1. Grind the quick cooking oats till it’s really fine and powdery.
2. Add the rice flour, semolina/rava and the yogurt.
3. Add the water slowly so you will come to know the consistency of batter.
3. Now add the onions, chilli and coriander leaves (hara dhaniya).
4. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat the tawa(flat pan) and drizzle some water on pan so will come to know pan is hot or not.
6. Drizzle some oil on the pan and spread it across the pan. Pour some of the batter in the centre and using a serving spoon, spread it around. Let it sit for two minutes and turn over when cooked and turn its color to light brown.
7. Serve with fresh coconut chutney or with sauce.
8. you may also use chopped tomato in the batter.