4 cups thinly sliced potatoes (aloo patle gol kate hue)
3 tbsp butter (makkhan)
3 tbsp flour (maida)
1.5 cups Milk (dhudh)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp paprika (lal shimla mirch beej)
1 tsp cayenne pepper/ red chilli powder (lal mirch)
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp of heavy cream (malai)
1. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour and Let it sit for a minute.
2. Now add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk and season with salt and cayenne. Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, and keep stirring occasionally with a whisk.
3. Now reduce the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese.
4. Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one-quart casserole dish.
5. now Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce and Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
6. Finally top the potatoes with some paprika for color.
7. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F afterwards serve it.