Paneer Grilled Sandwich Recipe:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 8 to 10 slices of whole wheat bread or brown bread or white bread
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 potato – boiled and peeled
- medium size onion – peeled
- chaat masala as required
- cumin powder as required (jeera powder)
- butter or olive oil as required
for the paneer/cottage cheese stuffing:
- 200 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder or red chili flakes
- 1 green chili – chopped
- Salt or black salt as required
How to prepare recipe
Preparing the paneer stuffing:
1. crumble the paneer in a bowl.
2. add all the fresh herbs, oregano, green chilies, red chili powder, pepper powder and salt. mix well.
Preparing the paneer sandwiches:
1. slice all the veggies thinly.
2. spread butter on the bread or brush some oil.
3. place the paneer mixture on the bread.
4. sprinkle some chaat masala and jeera powder.
5. place the two or three slices of each veggie on the paneer stuffing.
6. sprinkle again some salt, chaat masala and cumin powder.
7. place the other buttered slice on the top.
8. either grill or toast the sandwich till crisp and browned from both sides.
9. brush some oil or butter on the top of the sandwiches.
10. serve paneer sandwich hot with mint coriander chutney and tomato sauce.