Rice flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
Wheat flour – 3 tbsp
Ripened Banana – 3 to 4
Brown sugar – 10 tbsp or 1/2 cup
cardamom powder – 3/4p
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Toasted sesame seeds- 3 tsp
fresh coconut for garnish
1.Blend the banana nicely using a blender or mixie.
2. Now add rice flour , wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cardamom and blend it together and add sesame seeds to batter.
3. The consistency of the batter should be little thicker than the idli batter.
4. Heat the (paniyaram griddle) (appe maker) (puffed pancake griddle-made of cast Iron).
5. Add few drops of coconut oil to each hole and grease it well and pour the batter.
6. When the edges turns golden brown flip it,so that the other side and cook nicely and keep stove on medium flame.
7. When the (unniappam) mithe appe is done, it is like a ball and comes out easily from the griddle. Yummy sweet mithe appe is ready sprinkle some fresh coconut and have it with chocolate sauce and serve.