Paneer Aloo Tikki with tomato sauce is very tasty and and mouth watering dish. This patties are very popular in India and loved by every one and it is also street food and also made in every Indian home.
Paneer is nothing but the soft cottage cheese which is loved by every one and in every country. This paneer aloo tikki (means patties) are also used as burger patties which garnish with some sauce mayo and fresh salad. so lets see how this mouth watering patties are made at home easily.
- 1 cup boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 cup mashed paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup bread crumbs or you may use soaked poha (rice flakes) instead of bread crumbs ( i have used bread crumbs)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1 to 2 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- pinch of haldi/ turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin/ jeera powder or to taste
- 2 tsp amchur powder/ dry mango powder or to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- sauce or yogurt to serve
- oil to shallow fry
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and add paneer and bread crumbs and mix it well.
- Now add chopped onion, coriander, chilli powder, haldi, corn starch, salt, amchur, cumin powder and mix it well with your hands.
- Now make small balls and give patty shape to every ball.
- Now heat non stick pan and put 1 to 2 tbsp oil and shallow fry all patties one by one.
- Now serve this with tomato sauce and yogurt and serve it hot.
- you may also use this patties as burger with some fresh basil leaves and sauce and cabbage leaves and mayo.