Shahi tukda is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk vwith spices, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana.It is popular in Hyderabadi cuisine, served at weddings and parties. Double ka meetha refers to the milk bread, called “Double Roti” in the local Indian dialects because it swells up to almost double its original size after baking.
The dish is similar to double ka meetha which has its roots in Mughlai cuisine. It is particularly prepared during the festive month of Ramadan and on Eid. The recipe uses bread, condensed milk, and dry fruits.
2 slice of bread chopped in 4 slice
2 tbsp of cashew nut/kaju chopped
2 tbsp of badam/almond chopped
1 tbsp pista/ pistachio chopped
1 tsp or pinch of cardamom powder/elaichi powder
1 cup of water
2 cups of sugar
ghee/ clarified butter to shallow fry bread
For milk spread
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tin condensed milk
pinch of cardamom powder
pinch of saffron
- In a pan heat some ghee and toast all bread from sides until crispy and keep aside.
- Now heat ghee and roast almond, cashew, pista into it, until they become light brown and keep aside.
- Now to make sugar syrup (chachni) heat pan add water to it and then add sugar and make a light sugar syrup (ek tar wali chachni) and let it cool until it become lightly warm.
- Now in a pan add milk and boil it for 3 minute and add condensed milk and again boil until it become thick and add cardamom powder and saffron (kesar) and make milk should become thick and keep aside.
- Now deep all toasted bread slice one by one into sugar syrup and take it out on plate.
- Now keep all bread on serving plate and add thick milk on slice and garnish it with some roasted fry fruits and keep for 10 minute in fridge and serve cool.
- you may serve as you like.