A Pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. In Britain, pancakes are often unleavened and resemble a crêpe. In North America, a leavening agent is used. American pancakes are similar to Scotch pancakes or drop scones.
They may be served at any time of the day with a variety of toppings or fillings including jam, fruit, syrup, chocolate chips, or meat, but in America they are typically considered a breakfast food. It is also serve a similar function to waffles. In Britain and the Commonwealth, they are associated with Shrove Tuesday, commonly known as “Pancake Day”, when perishable ingredients have to be used up before the fasting period of Lent.
- frozen chocolate chips 1 cup or brick chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp of sodabicarbonate (khata soda)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp of yogurt
- powder sugar as needed
- water as needed to make batter
- pinch of salt
- oil as needed
- In a bowl add flour and salt, sugar, yogurt, sodabicarbonate and baking soda and mix it well.
- Again add water and make proper batter or as you like its consistency.
- Heat pan and add spoon full of batter on pan/ griddle and quickly add some chopped chocolate on it and again pour some pancake batter on it (like sandwich layer) and flip it and cook from both sides .
- Now serve hot with some strawberries, whipped cream or chocolate sauce or as you like.