Vegetable kadai is a one pot dish which has very smooth texture and has spicy and aromatic flavor’s in it. this dish is mainly made in north india.
when ever i go with my family to Indian restaurant my mom always orders this dish. She loves this kadai dish even i love to have it.
So i have tried this dish at home and i succeed to make it.
Let’s see how it made it.
- 1 capsicum chopped (shimla mirch)
- 1 carrot chopped (gajar)
- 3 tbsp chopped cauliflower (ful gobi)
- 1 big potato chopped (aloo)
- 4 tbsp green peas (hare matter)
- small onion chopped
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera powder)
- 1 tsp of coriander seed/dhaniya powder
- 2 tsp of garam masala powder
- red chilly powder as needed
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp of chopped coriander
- oil 2 tbsp + to deep fry
- In a pan add oil and deep fry potato, cauliflower and keep aside on soak all oil with the help of tea towel.
- Now in non stick pan add 1 tbsp of oil and shallow fry capsicum, carrot and green peas and onion.
- After vegetables gets nicely cooked and add potato and cauliflower and mix all vegetables and keep aside.
- In other pan add 2 tbsp of oil, after heating add tomato puree to it and cook for 3 minute and add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and red chilly powder and mix it and cook for all 5 minutes or until all aroma comes out.
- when gravy gets cooked nicely add all vegetables in it and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve it in a bowl and srinkle some coriander on it and serve with rotis and rice or bread.