Indian Rava and Semolina modak is quick and easy to make recipe
- Prep Time : 30 mins.
- Cook Time : 7-8 mins.
- 1 cup semolina,rava/sooji
- 1.5cup water/pani
- 1/2 cup grated powder jaggery /gud
- 1/2 cup grated powder coconut/nariyal,khobra
- 2tsp clarified butter/ghee
- 1/2tsp cardamom powder/ilaayachee.
- pinich of salt/namak
- Heat a pan on medium flame.Add coconut and jaggery mix well.
- Jaggery start melting slowly.
- Cook till the mixture becomes little thick. The mixture will leave the sides of the pan and gets thickened.
- Add cardamom powdermix and Switch off the flame.
- As the mixture cools down, it will thicken a bit more. The filling is now ready for use.
- Boil water in a vessel. Add 2 teaspoons of ghee and a pinch of salt
- Add the semolina little by continuously till the semolina is fully absorbed by the water.
- Close the vessel with a lid and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture becomes little warm and thick solid mass, knead it into a smooth dough and set aside
- Apply some oil to your hand while kneading, so that the dough does not stick to your hands. Keep the dough covered.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Take a small portion of the semolina mixture and place it in the mould. Level the bottom of the mould.
- Seal or close it with semolina dough. Now close the mould tightly and remove the excess mixture from the edges of the modak mould.
- Demould carefully and arrange it in a plate. Repeat the process and grease the mould again to make the modaks. No need to steam the modaks further.